As an actively publishing researcher, I just know that mandating open
access publishing would mean that the author pays the (huge) publication
fee rather than the library pays the subscription. In an ideal world, the
universities would refund the fees, and will get subsidy from the
governments, In our real world, the researchers will have to pay everything
out of their own pocket, with some of them losing all possibilities to
publish, for the lack of funds. I tried to raise this before, and the
universal reply was that this is my problem, not the problem of the
society. I do not expect anything else this time.

Cheers
Yaroslav