Hi,

Thanks for the comments here. I'm busy with off-wiki activities today
and can't respond with as much specificity as I would wish. I request
that you copy these comments to the talk page on Meta for discussion
there.

Please keep in mind that this process is in the early stages. There
are probably months of discussions ahead regarding this and any
alternative proposals, and it is possible that in the end nothing will
change, but I think that there could be some benefits from my draft
proposal or one that is similar to it.

I'm aware that positions of power often attract the wrong kinds of
people, and I'm interested in proposals for how to make it likely that
any people who end up in power will have a public service mindset, not
be authoritarian or power-hungry, and will be competent.

Thanks,

Pine