I have another question about that document:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Legal/Foundation_Policy_and_Political_Association_Guideline

In particular, I believe this part is out of date:

> Legislative Activities (Lobbying)
>
> At the federal level, there are serious restrictions on lobbying, including
> “direct” and “grassroots” efforts:
>
> Direct lobbying consists of “attempts to influence a legislative body through
> communication with a member or employee of a legislative body, or with a
> government official who participates in formulating legislation.”
> Grassroots lobbying consists of “attempts to influence legislation by
> attempting to affect the opinion of the public with respect to the
> legislation and encouraging the audience to take action with respect to the
> legislation. In either case, the communications must refer to and reflect a
> view on the legislation.”

I believe there has since been case law from the Supreme Court
allowing nonprofits including advocacy organizations, churches, and
civic groups, to communicate with legislators and attempt to influence
public opinion. I note that the irs.gov links from those paragraphs
are now dead.

Please correct me if I am mistaken.