Dear Wikimedians,

Wiki Loves Earth team is delighted to share that the 2nd biggest Wikimedia
photo contest has started!
*Please, check out the full version of this email here — *
https://mailchi.mp/6d9fb67addb8/wiki-loves-earth-2020-has-started.

Wiki Loves Earth is an international photo contest devoted to nature
heritage. WLE aims at raising public awareness about protected areas and
creating the biggest database of free photos of them. After 7 years of
local competitions all around the world, WLE resulted in 585k free photos
of nature monuments, with around 130k being used in the wikiprojects.

And this year we continue! The 8th edition of Wiki Loves Earth is open for
submissions. For now, we have 24 participating countries, and the list is
extending. The contest runs throughout *May 1 – July 31*, with different
dates for each country.

*Do you want to know more about WLE, its goals, history and hear
interesting stories?*
Today we will speak about the contest during Wikipedia Weekly episode!
Join us today at 3 pm UTC on Facebook *—* https://bit.ly/2zJfkMZ or YouTube
*— *https://bit.ly/2SodAiE.

*How to join Wiki Loves Earth?*
— Organize your local contest: find out more about the process in our detailed
guidelines
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Earth_2020/Organise>.
— Take part in WLE 2020: please, review our Rules
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Wiki_Loves_Earth_2020/Rules> for
your submissions and upload them to Wikimedia Commons!

If you have any questions, please, don't hesitate to write to us at
wle-t...@wikimedia.org.ua.

Stay safe and healthy!

Best regards,
Anastasiia Petrova
Project Manager for International Wiki Loves Earth 2020
on behalf of the international organizing team