One of the browsers are set up with forced session cookies and web storage,
and also to block third parties. It breaks several features, also central
login. I have reported it as an issue, but none has bothered to create a
fix.

I believe it would be better to put the add on the lower part of the
viewport, for all users, and for a limited time. Posting ads at random
locations and disrupting (terrorizing) the readers is not a good idea.