A valid question would be what has the Board Governance Committee been
working on in the last year?[1]

For all we know the sub-committee has already been actively addressing
COI reporting and the potential for kickbacks. The BGC is /required/
to have meetings at least twice a year, but appears to not publish any
reports or minutes for the wider community to see what progress has
been made.

It makes sense if anyone joining the board agrees that kickbacks
(including later sinecures) or non-financial rewards which could lead
to a conflict of loyalty, should be seen to be avoided for at least 12
or 24 months after being associated with the WMF Board, that this
should be in writing, and have legal weight so that the WMF could
claim damages against anyone acting so foolishly.

Perhaps this is a question one of the four BCG members, or one of
their four advisors, could respond to? Along with helping locate where
any non-confidential minutes or reports are published, such as process
improvement recommendations which by definition cannot contain
anything confidential?

Links
1.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_Board_Governance_Committee