Basque Wikimedians User Group (BWUG) is proud to announce the creation of
WikiBizi1, a project created as a summer proposal for COVID-19 times. It will
gather an open travel guide of the Basque Country, three photo-contests
superseding our current WikiLoves__________ contests and GLAM collaborations.
The main project page is here: https://eu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiBizi.

1Bizi means both life and live: https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bizi#Basque

== An open travel guide ==
This will be a very special summer: without mass-tourism, without long
travelling and without festivals, many people is engaging in short excursions.
BWUG thought that this could be a great opportunity to start working in an open
travel guide, but creating an instance of Wikivoyage would be out of scope. So
we have created an open travel guide at Wikibooks:
https://eu.wikibooks.org/wiki/Euskal_Herriko_bidaia-gida. Every municipality
has been linked to Wikipedia
(https://eu.wikibooks.org/wiki/Euskal_Herriko_bidaia-gida/Herriz_herri), and we
have agreed with Berria newspaper (the only newspaper in Basque, which is
published under cc-by-sa license) to take all their travel routes and upload
them to Wikibooks
(https://eu.wikibooks.org/wiki/Euskal_Herriko_bidaia-gida/Ibilbideak), so
people can collaborate with images, corrections or even link to other routes.
There's a button in every route so you can easily upload images from your
experience directly into Commons:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Euskal_Herriko_Bidaia_Gida.

== Three-in-one photo contests ==
WikiLovesMonuments, Earth and Folk are dead! Long live to WikiBizi! We will run
this three contests from July 1st to September 30th, so people have more time
to take and upload photos. We will have three categories: Monuments
(https://eu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiBizi/Ondarea), Nature (open
concept: https://eu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiBizi/Natura) and Culture
(so people can upload old photos from their home fiestas:
https://eu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiBizi/Kultura). Each photo contest
will have prizes and its own campaign.

== GLAM collaboration ==
Summer is for museums. Most museums here have started opening in the last week,
and we want to help them and collaborate with them. We have written to all the
museums in the Basque Country and some of them are answering. From the simplest
collaboration (adding a line and a link to the travel guide) to a full day
visit and collaboration to free some of their collection with wikimedians, we
hope to have some GLAM activity during this summer. And who knows, may this be
the beginning of a beatiful friendship. We have created a page for them:
https://eu.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiBizi/Museoak.

== WikiTakes ==
When wikimedians visit a place like a swarm, they tend to document everything.
This is WikiTakes, a proposal we learnt from Wikimedia Spain
(https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wiki_Takes_by_Wikimedia_Espa%C3%B1a).
 We will try to adopt this kind of events this summer, and take villages or
routes together. Of course, is about living a place showing that our towns are
alive. That's why they won't be called WikiTakes but WikiBizi.

_____

Best,

Galder