Thanks Denny! I appreciate this, and your thoughtfulness as always.

Thanks for starting an explicit discussion. I think our field (meaning,
computer science & internet projects broadly) often assumes that these
questions will just arise in context, or get solved as we go, but they
rarely do. So making ethics a focus from the start is crucial. There may
not be good "solutions"! But inviting lots of people in to talk about
scenarios etc I think will make a much stronger and innovative project in
the end.

all best,
Phoebe