The problem I indicated is that 'OTRS' is a diffuse system of queues. There
are very few policies that govern 'OTRS', and even practices will differ
across queues. I'm for example a member of the teams that handle info-nl,
permissions-nl and wlx. All those behave very differently.
If you replace 'OTRS' with 'xyz queue on OTRS', someone from that queue may
be able to give you a coherent answer. If you're asking at the OTRS-level,
I don't think there's much policies/practices beyond the ones that I
mentioned.

Lodewijk