On Mon, 20 Jul 2020 at 23:29, Nathan <nawr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tomasz notes, correctly, that OTRS agents on *general
> info queues* (which he distinguished from permission queues) just answer
> questions, they don't exercise authority. Andy's reply is both
> argumentative and inaccurate.

Mea culpa. In the initial discussion on Wikidata, and in the
discussion on the OTRS noticeboard on Commons, we were told, more than
once, by OTRS agents, that the images had been sent to "OTRS
photo-submissions". I assumed that a "photo-submissions" queue was a
form of "general info queue", since it is distinct from a permissions
queue.

For that, my apologies to Tomasz.

> Tomasz could easily be on-side for genuine
> reform. He's an insider at OTRS who acknowledges room for improvement. But
> it wouldn't surprise me if this response converts him to an opponent.

I'd like to think I know Tomasz well enough - having met him several
times, including being his guest in Warsaw - to know he's not that
fickle.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing