Hello,
I begin with my greetings. I hope this email finds everyone reading this
email safe and healthy.
I have some questions and observations. I have spent  quite some time
trying to understand the changes and newly (re)opened-up avenues. However,
I feel there is a lack of information, and inconsistency. I'd be sincerely
grateful for your kind attention.

a(i). Conference scale: What is the accepted conference scale? Is it
national-conference, global conference, small regional conference? The
example conferences mentioned at the grant page are mostly large-scale and
gives the impression
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Conference/EventCategories#Thematic_Events
The conference/event date of round 2 is between January and June 2021 (we
are just four months away from January).
a(ii) What are the guidelines related to the maximum number of participants
in such a conference?

b. Effective region: Is this effective globally? There are several
countries where COVID-19 is in very serious and damaging condition, and yet
to reach its highest damaging time/peak. My question is, is this globally
applicable for all countries and all regions?

c. The last date of application for round 2 conferences is 28 September. As
far as I know, a large-scale (or any) conference requires a lot of
brainstorming, community consultation etc. This time other than these steps
to be completed in less than a month, one needs to attempt her/his best to
foresee the future (country's
COVID-condition/national-health/restrictions/status of transports etc in
Jan–June).

d) There are some inconsistencies in the grants page:
i) Opening paragraph (Template:Conference banner
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Template:Conference_banner&oldid=20395803
)  mentions: "Now, we are extending these cancellations. We are suspending
the application process for all in-person Wikimedia conferences until
further notice. When the WHO declares that the pandemic is over, and it is
once again safe to gather in-person, we will commit to offering support for
smaller community events through a rapid grants process." then right after
a couple of sections all restrictions are lifted.
ii) There are a few minor typos which I'll ignore such as 1) "The new
deadline for submissions will be 7 September 2020", however it is 28
September 2020, 2) Please note that starting September 9, 2019 all recent
temporary restrictions for Conference & Events grants have been lifted, and
all grant proposals will be welcomed and considered. (it is September 9.
2020, not 2019) etc.

User:Titodutta
(Volunteer editor, Wikipedia)

শনি, ২৯ আগস্ট, ২০২০ তারিখে ২:০৭ AM টায় এ Chen Almog <cal...@wikimedia.org>