Kaya

Over the last 9 months the movement has really taken to the use of "zoom"
style technology to hold and host events, I dont doubt they have been
really productive in addressing the many needs of the community.

One thing I have noticed is just how many of these notices are coming
through now with some meetings taking place not once but multiple times to
ensure everyone has access to them in their best time period.

I know as volunteers we are able to pick and choose what we do, I also know
we are placing a lot of pressure on affiliates to be upto date on all these
events.  I raise a concern that perhaps we as a community are starting to
over do these meetings and stretch volunteer resources to point of breaking
or being overwhelmed.  I know that as WP20 approaches these meetings are
going to accelerate and put greater demands on our limited resources.

I propose that the community has a quiet period from the 14 December to 5th
January where we dont hold general meetings, webinars, cafes, and strategy
discussions to give people time to refresh and focus on family.  Obviously
some small group focused community meetings will be necessary as part of
WP20 and other preparations so I'm not suggesting ruling out all meetings
just asking that we remember that there is life outside of the movement we
should be allowing people time to focus on as well.

--
Gnangarra

*Power of Diverse Collaboration*
*Sharing knowledge brings people together*
Wikimania Bangkok 2021
August
hosted by ESEAP

Wikimania: https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Gnangarra