In a previous email I referred to a fundraising claim as "filthy marketing
lies".   That phrase was unduly harsh, and could give the impression that I was
impugning the moral character of the people who wrote and approved the message.
 For that I am sorry and issue a formal retraction.

I have not yet returned to the mailing list or the meta page, so I don't know
what was said in response nor even if the email passed moderation.  That is
intentional.  I wanted to be able to write this with a clear head, and not be
tempted to dilute this apology with rebuttals and explanations.

I hope you understand,
Pelagic.