Hello, everybody!

The Arctic Knot Wikimedia Language Conference
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Arctic_Knot_Conference_2021> will take
place online 24–25 June 2021.

At the Arctic Knot Wikimedia Language Conference we want to look at the
future of indigenous and underrepresented languages and their presence and
use on the Wikimedia projects. The conference will provide space and focus
for indigenous and underrepresented language communities to connect, learn
from each other, and collaborate.

The *call for submissions
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Arctic_Knot_Conference_2021/Call_for_submissions>*
is now open (until 15 April)!

With 20 billion page views every month, Wikipedia is one of the first stops
when people search for information. It is a cornerstone of the digital age,
but the information within it is not evenly represented across languages.
The Wikimedia movement is about to start implementing the 2030 movement
strategy <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_2030>, and the UNESCO
Decade of Indigenous Languages
<https://en.unesco.org/news/upcoming-decade-indigenous-languages-2022-2032-focus-indigenous-language-users-human-rights>
will
start in 2022. The Decade of Indigenous Languages points to the potential
of digital technologies in supporting the use and preservation of
indigenous languages. These two milestones give us the opportunity to look
into our future efforts for language diversity on the Wikimedia projects,
and during the conference discuss how we can work together to make
indigenous and underrepresented language communities grow.