Greetings,
Thanks for the update. This is very delighting to see the stepping in. Good
wishes for the interesting work ahead.
Regards.

শুক্র, ২ এপ্রিল, ২০২১ ৮:৩৬ PM তারিখে Maggie Dennis <[email protected]>
লিখেছেন:

> Hello, all. :)
>
> I’m Maggie Dennis <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Mdennis_(WMF)>,
> Vice President of Community Resilience & Sustainability
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Resilience_and_Sustainability>,
> a division of the Legal Department at the Wikimedia Foundation. I oversee
> the functions of  Community Development, Trust & Safety Policy, Trust &
> Safety Operations, Human Rights protection, and, now, Movement Strategy.[1]
>
> That last point is the purpose of my outreach. Many of you are aware that
> our Chief of Staff, Ryan Merkley, has recently chosen to depart the
> Foundation. Movement Strategy was housed with him. A long time Wikimedian
> myself - user Moonriddengirl; pretty dormant right now but still very
> interested! - I am delighted to step in to do all I can to keep the
> momentum of this critical work going and to support however I can the
> movement and the Foundation in meeting these strategic goals. Kaarel
> Vaidla <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:KVaidla_(WMF)>, with whom
> many of you have connected during this process, will be part of my
> division, reporting to Quim Gil
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Qgil-WMF>.
>
> The transition phase was wrapped up
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Transition/Global_Conversations>
> last quarter, and it is time to start the implementation phase, looking at
> which projects can move forward first.[2] Among these, the Movement
> Charter
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Transition/Global_Conversations/Report/January>
> is an essential tool for the implementation of the Strategy 2030, and it is
> important to begin its draft.[3] There is also a lot of curiosity around 
> regional
> and thematic hubs
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Transition/Follow-up_events/Cluster_D>,
> and also many questions, and we are ready to support resolving some of
> these.[4]
>
> It has been my goal to do quarterly community meetings, but because of
> this and other transitions, I’m a little behind. I had hoped to be able
> today to invite you to meet me on Saturday, April 17, and I may be able to
> do that in just a few days! If not that week, soon thereafter. There are
> some details still being worked out. In that meeting, I will be available
> to talk about all matters related to the work of Community Resilience &
> Sustainability - which includes Movement Strategy and the Universal Code of
> Conduct, among others. You can send your questions now (in any language) to
> [email protected]. Please use the term “CR&S” in the subject line so
> that it is identified as a question for me. :)  We will be inviting people
> to join the meeting via multiple platforms to ask “live” as well. After the
> event, we will release a video recording and a written summary of the
> meeting. You can find details of our office hours past, including links to
> videos and summaries, at the bottom of our Meta page
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Resilience_and_Sustainability>.[1
> again!]
>
> I’m very excited about all the implementation work ahead of us!  :)
>
>
> Warm regards,
>
>
> Maggie
>
>
> [1]
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Resilience_and_Sustainability
>
> [2]
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Transition/Global_Conversations
>
> [3]
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Transition/Global_Conversations/Report/January
>
> [4]
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Transition/Follow-up_events/Cluster_D
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Maggie Dennis
> She/her/hers
> Vice President, Community Resilience & Sustainability
> Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.
> _______________________________________________
> Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia-l
> New messages to: [email protected]
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l,
> <mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe>
>
_______________________________________________
Wikimedia-l mailing list, guidelines at: 
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Mailing_lists/Guidelines and 
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia-l
New messages to: [email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikimedia-l, 
<mailto:[email protected]?subject=unsubscribe>

Reply via email to