:)   Dimi, do you know of reports on subsets of this, for groups and
projects in Europe?   I discovered to my delight a beautiful summary of WMF
grants made up to 2020
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grantmaking/Reports/2019-2020> -- thanks
Guillaume! -- which partly answers the first question. But this does not
include donations + external grant funding that directly supports
affiliates.

One other point -- It was noted that 3a and 3d seem similar.  I updated
these Qs on meta <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:MSIG> to be
clearer.  I meant:

 *3a*:  What groups do we envision making individual funding
recommendations?  [timing, who decides, what constraints]
 *3d*:  How do we envision reviewing how things are going?   [peer feedback
on budgets and plans, reflection on the overall balance of funding across
the movement.]

These inform one another, but are distinct.   And the first is more than
just updating current processes: major gaps to fill include funding for
projects under $500, and multi-year funding for infrastructure and projects
-- among the most common requests.

SJ

Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266