Well, all the sturm und drang on this one is on Facebook, in the Wikipedia
Weekly group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/wikipediaweekly/posts/4534171036630692/

Other than that, there was a bit of drama on Jimmy Wales' talk page, where
an admin removed the talk page section Jimmy had created about this as
self-promotional, and Smiley on Wikipediocracy found bits of the long-lost,
original Bomis test wiki in the Internet archive.

And Joseph Reagle wrote a blog post:

https://reagle.org/joseph/pelican/social/wikipedias-wiped-edit.html

Andreas