Hoi,
As long as we can not confidently search for pictures in any language I
really wonder what the point is of such an exercise. In my opinion we
should prioritise measurable effects for our users. Something like: "A nine
year old will find pictures in his or her language on all the subjects of
interest to them".

I have shown repeatedly that even a word like beaver will not get you much
of the furry animal, particularly when you search in other languages.
thanks,
      GerardM