Yes, I did not purport to offer an easy solution.  I tried to clarify *what
needs to happen* for significant progress on these issues, without
suggesting that it is easy to make that happen.

As I mentioned, a new CEO is beginning work this week, and one of the
(many) items on her to-do list is to improve and rationalize the
Foundation's annual planning process, and cross-departmental planning and
decision-making.  Let's give her some time and wait for some guidance on
this question of venue, i.e. how and where communities may *effectively*
express needs and affect priorities.

In the meantime, I repeat my suggestion that adding non-technical concise
statements of impact to each issue would be a big help.  For example, I
(and many of you) know the impact of our slow/broken video conversion and
upload workflows, but it would be helpful to add to SJ's "*Bulk conversion* for
video uploads (videoconverter / video2commons are broken)" an
impact statement such as "this is deterring video uploads from casual
contributors".

Cheers,

   A.
   (volunteer capacity)