Hello,
I wonder why a multicultural project, whose major strength is in the multilingual approach asks for a research to be on English.

"* The publication must be available in English."

I'm currently researching about Wikimedia, and I'm doing it in Basque language. I hope to publish in a couple of years my PhD, and I hope to do it in Basque. I have read good research in other languages, mainly Spanish, French and Italian, that are languages I can understand. There should be great research in German and Russian, I hope there are good peer reviewed articles in Arabic or Chinese. I wonder if someone is researching in Guarani, Odia, Xhosa or Nynorsk. I have personally met researchers working on Mayan languages.

Narrowing research to the language of the Empire is against our principles, our strategy and our vision.

I hope there is a change in this point.

Sincerely,

Galder.

2022(e)ko urt. 7(a) 20:48 erabiltzaileak hau idatzi du (Leila Zia <l...@wikimedia.org>):

[Apologies for cross-posting.]

Hi all,

We invite you to nominate one or more scholarly research publications
to be considered for the Wikimedia Foundation Research Award of the
Year. Learn more below.

=Purpose of the award=
Recognize recent research on or about the Wikimedia projects or recent
research that is of importance to the Wikimedia projects. Recognize
the researchers behind the research.

You can learn more about 2021's winners at
https://research.wikimedia.org/awards.html .

=Eligibility criteria=
Your nomination must meet the following criteria:

* The research must be on, about, using data from, and/or of
importance to Wikipedia, Wikidata, Wikisource, Wikimedia Commons or
other Wikimedia projects.

* The publication must be available in English.

* The research must have been published between January 1, 2021 and
December 31, 2021.

=Nomination process=
Submit your nominations by 2022-02-07 through
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wmfray2021 . We will ask you
to provide the following information in your nomination:

* Title of the manuscript
* A copy of the manuscript you are nominating
* A summary of the research and a clear justification for why the work
merits the award (in 350 words or fewer in English).

Note that self-nominations and nominations of others' work are both welcome.

==Winner(s)==
The winner(s) will be announced in a ceremony as part of Wiki Workshop
2022: https://wikiworkshop.org/2022/ .

If you have any questions, please contact us at
wmf-ray-2...@easychair.org or here.

Best,
Benjamin Mako Hill (University of Washington)
Leila Zia (Wikimedia Foundation)