Le 28/01/2022 à 15:52, Camelia Boban a écrit :
Hi Florence, Isla and others,
Thank you for the announcement.

In the name of my affiliate, WikiDonne User Group, who organized the campaign in Italian Wikiquote, I want to thank the itwikiquote community which, for the second time, answered with a great enthusiasm. For the gadgets we offered, we chose a quote of a great women poet: ἰοίην (our Greek friends can say more, but as I know, the translation is /that I can go further/) the only word left of a poem written by Sappho. Maybe the richest word in hope that can exist.

This event and the previous one, helped on increasing the project content, so with 42.389 articles, Italian became the first language in Wikiquote.

Woohoo ! I had not realized that :)

I encourage all you to try to edit Wikiquote and learn the other how to do it,  you will find a lot of fun. It is also a good option to engage new editors and an easier way to start edit the Wikimedia projects.

Totally second that.

Florence