From: James Heilman <jmh...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 1, 2022 10:51 PM
To: Wikimedia Mailing List <wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org>
Subject: [Wikimedia-l] Our World in Data (OWID)

We at Wiki Project Med are working to get Our World in Data (OWID) working
within a mediawiki environment.

1) We have created a mirror of their website on WMF
servers<https://owidm.wmcloud.org/grapher/interventions-ntds-sdgs>. Hopefully
this has allowed us to address security and privacy concerns.

2) We have created an
extension<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:OurWorldInDataMirror> that
allows the use of this content within a mediawiki install

3) We have made a bunch of changes to formatting, such as removing the logo, to
make it compliant with WP practice and style. You can see an example on MDWiki
in the infobox here<https://mdwiki.org/wiki/Neglected_tropical_diseases>.

My question to the movement is are their communities interested in using this
technology? There are about 4,000 of these
graphs<https://owidm.wmcloud.org/charts>. We of course will also need to
develop a framework for translation.

Best
--