For your information WMF doesn’t allow donations from Russia since 2014. That
was noted several times (for example  https://habr.com/ru/post/242987/  (in
Russian)). Russian Wikimedia community repeatedly asked to transfer donors from
Russia
to a Russian chapter donations page, but that was mostly left on read. So, WMF
has no any finances from Russia for at least 8 years.

>Понедельник, 14 марта 2022, 22:36 +03:00 от Galder Gonzalez Larrañaga
><galder...@hotmail.com>:
>
>I would understand that the non-existing Wikimedia United Stated Chapter
>should need to check if they have investments in/from Russia. The Wikimedia
>Foundation receives donations worldwide, including Russian citizens. And we
>provide knowledge to everyone, including Russian citizens. Blocking ourselves
>when many wikimedians around Russia, Ukraine and many other countries are at
>risk, is not only bad for our mission, is also risky for our contributors.

>I read the original e-mail as asking for something more than implementing
>recent sanctions. I hope and assume that the WMF has already taken the
>necessary steps to ensure that its activities are in compliance with
>applicable laws.
>
>I agree with Gerard that the WMF is different from Facebook, and its mission
>may make taking steps beyond those required by sanctions unnecessary or
>undesirable. I know there is a BDS-esque movement afoot against Russian
>interests, but "are you now or have you ever supported Russian interests" is
>in a category of questions that the WMF should very carefully consider before
>posing to any party. What may make sense for major corporations may not be
>appropriate for non-profits with an exclusively educational and explicitly
>global mission.

Nikolay Bulykin (User:Красный)