The English Wikipedia community has managed the Main Page in English for
many years, including rapidly updated ITN and DYK sections. The prominence
of the Main Page has declined a little bit as a landing page, but it
suggests that there may be better alternatives to staff planning tweets out
a few weeks ahead and taking submissions via a Google form. Perhaps the
communications team can look into some of these options that might leverage
the strength and core competencies of the community?

~Nate