Thanks for the answer, Lauren.

I have been looking at the stats of the last 4 weeks in Twitter, Facebook and
Instagram, to make an idea of the activity those accounts have. I don't know
how many people takes part in the process, but as I read "We" in the answer,
I'm going to assume that is more than one person to do all of this job.

In Twitter, before my e-mail (after that there was a tweet by Wikimedia Chile
that was mentioned by @Wikipedia), the last tweet was two days before. From
June 10th to July 10th 34 tweets were done, 5 of them about the concept "tea".
That makes roughly one tweet a day, but there have been many days without any
tweet activity. In Facebook I count 24 posts related to Wikipedia. This is 0,77
posts per day. In Instagram the situation is worse, only 9 posts in one month,
is to say, one every 3 days. It could be that June 10th to July 10th is a bad
moment, but I have looked up previous months, and the trend is the same: most
of the days is 1 tweet, there are some days with 0 activity, and some other
days with 3-4 tweets, usually about the same topic.

I don't know how long it takes to do that, but based on my experience managing
social media, this activity (a tweet a day, 0,7 posts in Facebook a day and 0,3
posts in Instagram, that actually are about the same topic) takes around 30
minutes per day, a little bit longer if I need to take extra-extra care to
choose the article. I don't know how many workers are in this process, but I
assume that the "we" means than is more than one.

Let me help with this, because there are many processes that can booster the
activity and make our engagement in social media better. In the French
Wikipedia they have a page where people can propose tweets about curious things
(https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projet:Aide_et_accueil/Twitter/Tweets). These
tweets are shared with the hashtag #WPLSV<https://twitter.com/hashtag/WPLSV>.
Viquipedia<https://twitter.com/Viquipedia/> is another success story, with a
great engagement (far better than the @Wikipedia account, by the way).

In the Basque Wikipedia account (https://twitter.com/euwikipedia) we have an
internal shared spreadsheet where we put in the columns the days and in the
rows the scheduled time for the tweet. Every day (yes, we have only one time
zone, what makes things easier) we try to open with two "on this day". This is
extra easy, because you only need to look to the article about the day and
choose some that may be interesting or round numbers (100 years ago today...).
Then we try to tweet every day something about science, then social sciences or
history, a building, a fiction or artwork and we end the day with a third "on
this day" that may be more curious. We have two extra time sections reserved
for news about Wikipedia itself (statistics, wikiprojects, featured content...)
and something related to news of the day/current events. We also tweet about
sex whenever we have new content every Friday at 23:59. This makes around 8
tweets a day, with some extra options if we have something extra to tell, or
there is an important recent death, etc... Is true that we are not posting in
Facebook or Instagram, but this is a task we do when we have spare time in our
regular jobs: we don't have any extra worker to manage them. It takes around
4-5 hours to make a full schedule for a month (and it would take less in
English Wikipedia, where there's plenty of content), and then around 8-10 hours
to schedule the ~250 tweets we make a month.

If you need help to manage the Twitter account, don't hesitate on contacting
other members of the community. We can help with this.

Sincerely,
Galder