Hi,

The quality of proposals has been high, but there has been a deliberate
decision to try and keep the formal program manageable for participants.

>From the Wikimania wiki (more here: https://w.wiki/5YcU):

*>We learned from last year that the number of tracks resulted in sessions
where there were very few people participating or watching them, which can
cause frustration to presenters. We also learned that people needed more
breaks. We had to work those in, which removed time from the program. This
year we are experimenting with a hybrid format, with some sessions taking
place in-person in different parts of the world. We wanted to give rooms
for these experiments, even if they don’t necessarily compete with the
online program.*

That said, the number of sessions accepted is actually not very different
from last year's. Besides, folks are invited to contribute to the
on-demand – program
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikimania_2022_on_demand_program –
and schedule their own meetups outside of the formal program.
There'll be attendee & speaker practice sessions starting today where you
can learn more: https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/Platform_Practice

Best Regards
Anton Protsiuk