Hi all,

I am reaching out to you today with an update about the timing of the voting
for the Board of Trustees election.

As many of you are already aware, this year we are offering an Election Compass
to help voters identify the alignment of candidates on some key topics. Several
candidates requested an extension of the character limitation on their
reasoning was consistent with the goals of a fair and equitable election
process.

To ensure that the longer statements can be translated in time for the
election, the Elections Committee and Board Selection Task Force decided to
delay the opening of the Board of Trustees election by one week - a time
proposed as ideal by staff working to support the election.

Although it is not expected that everyone will want to use the Election Compass
to inform their voting decision, the Elections Committee felt it was more
appropriate to open the voting period with essential translations for community
members across languages to use if they wish to make this important decision.

The voting will open on August 23 at 00:00 UTC and close on September 6 at
23:59 UTC.

Best regards,

Matanya, on behalf of the Elections Committee