Hello, all. :)

I'm Maggie Dennis, the Foundation's Vice President of Community Resilience
& Sustainability. I wanted to remind you that this event is in three days,
in case you aren't exhausted after an amazing Wikimania and want to connect
with me. Any Wikimedian in good standing (that is, not Foundation or
community banned) is welcome to attend or submit questions. Given
everything else going on, I won't be surprised if it's a rather low-key
conversation. :D

   - I can't and won't discuss specific Trust & Safety cases. Instead, I
   can discuss Trust & Safety protocols and practices and approaches as well
   as some of the mistakes we've made, some of the things I'm proud of, and
   some of the things we're hoping to do.
   - I will not respond to comments or questions that are disrespectful to
   me, to my colleagues, or to anyone in our communities. I can talk civilly
   about our work even if you disagree with me or I disagree with you. I won't
   compromise on this.

Oh! The YouTube link is also available now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWaOztj_S1k

Hope to see some of you there!

Best,
Maggie

On Mon, Aug 1, 2022 at 11:23 PM Cornelius Kibelka <
ckibelka-...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Sending out a save the date: On *August 18 at 13:00 UTC* (check your
> local time <https://zonestamp.toolforge.org/1660827657>), the Community
> Resilience & Sustainability
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Resilience_and_Sustainability>
> team at the Wikimedia Foundation is hosting a new conversation hour with
> its Vice President Maggie Dennis
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Mdennis_(WMF)>.
>
> Topics within the scope of this call include Movement Strategy
> coordination, Trust and Safety (and the Universal Code of Conduct),
> Community Development, and Human Rights.
>
> The conversation hour will take place on Zoom and will be live-streamed on
> Youtube (link to be shared soon). Send us your questions in advance or
> join the call to talk with Maggie. More details on Meta
> <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours/Office_hours_2022-08-18>
> .
>
> Cheers
> Cornelius
>
> --
>
> Cornelius Kibelka (he/him)
>
> Event Coordinator
>
> Movement Strategy + Governance
>
> 2030.wikimedia.org
>
> <https://wikimediafoundation.org/>
>
> *Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in the
> sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment. Donate.
> <https://donate.wikimedia.org/>*
> <https://wikimediafoundation.org/>

Maggie Dennis
She/her/hers
Vice President, Community Resilience & Sustainability
Wikimedia Foundation, Inc.