It's not exactly volunteer time. According to the documentation on
Meta-Wiki[1] each of the 16 listed working group members is appointed for
one year, and receives a stipend of $600 per year for their participation
(estimated at 5 hours per week).

I am surprised to see that the working group includes one member who is
site-banned from the English Wikipedia. Their site ban, enacted by ArbCom
in 2016, was due to a history of sockpuppeting, self-promotion,
autobiographical editing, misrepresenting their professional
qualifications, copyright infringements, misrepresentation of sources and
introducing numerous errors into scientific articles.[2][3]

I would rather have seen that member apply for rehabilitation on the
English Wikipedia first, before applying for and being given a role in a
working group tasked with defining "good leadership" in the context of the
Wikimedia movement.

Andreas

[1]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Leadership_Development_Working_Group/Purpose_and_Structure