From: Iolanda Pensa <iola...@pensa.it>
Sent: Saturday, December 10, 2022 12:25 PM
To: Wikimedia Mailing List <wikimedia-l@lists.wikimedia.org>
Cc: phoebe ayers <phoebe.ay...@gmail.com>
Subject: [Wikimedia-l] Reminder – expressions of interest for Wikimania 2024
and 2025 (deadline December 16th)

Dear all,
Wikimania is an extraordinary event: consider hosting it!!

By December 16th express your interest in hosting Wikimania in 2024, 2025 and
beyond
https://wikimania.wikimedia.org/wiki/2024:Expressions_of_Interest

You don’t need to have a venue secured or event logistics in place, that’s
something we will work on together. At this point, we are primarily seeking
your expression of interest. Hosting an international event with the size and
magnitude of Wikimania – and now with added distributed and hybrid
participation models – is complicated. With resources from the Foundation and
guidance from the Wikimania Steering Committee, you will also have access to
professional event organizers on the ground that can support this work. We also
plan for an overlap with the current Wikimania 2023 organizing team to build in
plenty of time for learning and collaboration.

Looking forward to discuss with you new locations for our future Wikimanias

Best regards,
Iolanda, on behalf of the Wikimania Steering Committee
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_Committee#Members