Hi Everyone,

The Wikimedia Youth Conference 2023 scheduled to be held in Spain in
September will be the first youth conference in the movement.

The conference grant team is eager to provide all relevant support in order
to ensure that the conference is successful. But in order to do this, more
time other than what is available will be needed. Therefore, they did
recommend that the conference be moved to 2024 in order to avail more time
to work on addressing relevant needs where possible.

We are therefore advised to keep our preparations still going. We also
understand that we could use this additional time to strategize more on the
conference planning.

We know that we had made a call for the conference subcommittees. We will
reach out to the selected applicants to explain how the engagement could
look like given this circumstance.

Beyond that, we will still be working on the conference design and
planning. We hope to keep you informed of all the updates as they come.

We are happy to answer any questions or concerns.

Best regards,

James Popoola

On behalf of the WikiYouthCon COT.
--