Compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles is indeed a legal
requirement for the Wikimedia Australia charity.

Describing this simple fact as "a legal avenue against WMAU" is
unnecessarily confrontational, when it is very clearly NOT a legal
instrument, nor a legal threat of any kind.

Any member or rejected member of the charity has a legal right to make
a request per the APP. If the "politics" of Wikimedia Australia are so
bad that this very basic compliance requirement on all charities is
taken as a threat, then I strongly recommend that WMAU's trustees
consider withdrawing its registration as a charity.

Could someone ping Amanda Lawrence as the current President, just to
avoid opinions given here being mistaken for the official view of the
charity?

Ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:AmandaSLawrence