Dear regional partners and friends in strategizing,

I am happy to invite you all to participate in the Working Groups of the
Phase II movement strategy discussions! I am forwarding the initial call
that the Program Manager Nicole Ebber posted in Wikimedia-l. If you have
any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to reach out!
___

*Dear Wikimedians, Following up on Katherine’s email from last week[1], we
are today opening the call for Working Group members for 9 Thematic Areas
(yes, we added one more!).== Working Group members == The Working Groups
will map the present situation of their Thematic Area, the obstacles and
opportunities, as well as needed changes. They will identify possible
strategies for making these changes and develop concrete recommendations
for the movement on how to ratify and implement them.[2] Working Group
members will need to be able to invest a minimum of 5 hours per week, but
that time might vary depending on the workflow that each group agrees upon.
Members of the Working Groups are expected to act in the interest of the
movement, not in the interest of their own organization or community. ==
Selection of members ==We are looking for a maximum of 15 members for each
of the 9 groups. For best results we will need a diverse set of members
from across the movement. We have developed a set of criteria, to ensure
the necessary expertise, diversity, and representation.[3] We will assemble
a Steering Committee to decide upon membership of the Working Groups in
close coordination with the Core Strategy Team.[4] == Apply to become a
working group member == We encourage everyone with an interest in the
strategic conversations to apply for becoming a Working Group member in
their topic of expertise. We recommend that movement organizations and
groups create internal processes for the selection of their candidates to
avoid multiple, competing applications. The call will be open until June
25, 2018. Please apply via this application form.[5] To prepare your
application, you can consult the overview of the questions asked in the
form on Meta.[6] == Next steps ==  We expect to be able to announce the
Working Group members in the second week of July, so that the working
groups can be assembled, onboarded and ready to start working before
Wikimania. The first step for the groups will be to agree upon their set-up
and scope of work. At Wikimania, we plan to convene the attending Working
Group members in the Strategy Space to discuss and refine their road to the
recommendations and ensure exchange between the groups.[7]We invite you all
to familiarize yourselves with the existing documentation of the Working
Group(s) of your interest,[8] add comments, additional input or share your
concerns via talk pages Your comments will be then forwarded to the
respective Working Groups for consideration.We are looking forward to
working and having these long-awaited conversations with many of you!  In
the name of the Strategy Core Team, Nicole [1]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2018-June/090417.html
<https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimedia-l/2018-June/090417.html>
[2]
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Strategy/Wikimedia_movement/2018-20/Working_Groups