Thanks so much Adam! :). And thank you to Max for surfacing the issue
- this kind of consistent and practical attention to our end goal,
which is not KPIs about user satisfaction but actual user
satisfaction, is precisely what we need, and I am glad to see it
coming out.

On 26 August 2015 at 19:42, Erik Bernhardson <ebernhard...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Thats an excellent idea, thanks Adam.  Talked about it w/ max and updated
> the patch, i think this will work out just fine.
>
> Erik B.
>
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 4:23 PM, Adam Baso <ab...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>>
>> It may not be the appropriate parameter name to use, but this sort of
>> technique may help:
>>
>> https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Provenance
>>
>> You'd want to look at the current VCL in templates/varnish in the
>> operations repo to see how it's presently done for wprov.
>>
>> -Adam
>>

>> On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Erik Bernhardson
>> <ebernhard...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

>>> Actually the events we are recording here measure the users interaction
>>> with the pages they found. The current idea is to add a query parameter to
>>> all search results (only for users in the test, from javascript) so that
>>> when they land on that page we know they came from search and start
>>> collecting interaction events.

Oliver Keyes
Count Logula
Wikimedia Foundation