Pretty much what it sounds like; Mikhail and I got a ping from a
coworker which was really interesting and awesome but contained as a
throwaway sentence "also X says Mikhail is working on Y and that
sounds really awesome, do you have any insights from your work there?"

At which point Mikhail and I looked at each other and went 'huh?'
because we'd never heard of Y or seen it brought up in the context of
ongoing or expected work. So this is just a note of: if there's a
thing you've sort of heard is happening and you're operating under
that belief, and you haven't literally seen the phabricator ticket,
it's a good idea to make sure it exists. Otherwise it doesn't get
done.

On 28 August 2015 at 19:22, Tomasz Finc <tf...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Curious about the context. Thanks
>
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 10:45 AM, Mikhail Popov <mpo...@wikimedia.org> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This is a gentle reminder that if your task doesn't exist as a Phabricator
>> ticket, then the person/team who can get it done doesn't know there's an
>> actual need for it.
>>
>> It allows us to avoid situations like "Person A said they think Person B is
>> working on Thing X" meanwhile B has no idea X was even a thing.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mikhail

Oliver Keyes
Count Logula