I'll look into adding something for moving average!

And thanks! I'm glad y'all like the feature.

And I hope the compliments are directed at the Analysis team, as this was a
team effort between Oliver and me :)

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 9:41 AM, Trey Jones <tjo...@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Mikhail Popov <mpo...@wikimedia.org>
> wrote:
>
>> The moving average is computed over 17 days. That seems like an arbitrary
>> choice and it largely is but I played around with that number and 17
>> yielded what seemed to me the best results. I tried 7 and such and wasn't
>> satisfied with how those curves looked.
>>

> Interesting. I'm curious how 14 worked, since that always gives you 2 of
> each day of the week, instead of 3 of some and 2 of the rest.
>
> In any event, is there an easy way to document the moving average length
> on the page (would it work in the dropdown?), so people will know what they
> are looking at?
>
> Again, this is very cool. All of the smoothed version are so much more
> comprehensible than the raw plot. Thanks for adding this feature.

*Mikhail Popov* // Data Scientist, Discovery
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Discovery>
https://wikimediafoundation.org/

*Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in
the **sum
of all knowledge. That's our commitment.* Donate
<https://donate.wikimedia.org/>.