Dear Wikimedia-SF,

Tonight I heard a talk by Rick Prelinger, who runs the Prelinger
Library & Archive:
http://home.earthlink.net/~alysons/library.html

which is a fun private library. They are "an appropriation-friendly,
browsable collection of approximately 40,000 books, periodicals,
printed ephemera and government documents located in San Francisco."
The Prelinger collections are also on the Internet Archive:
http://www.archive.org/details/prelinger_library

Prelinger is very interested in the public domain, making archive
materials available to the public, supporting media collaboration and
digitization... all things of interest to Wikimedians, especially
Commons folks. I talked to him briefly and he said they'd be glad to
connect with us.

I think visiting the library would make a great meetup/fieldtrip. The
Prelinger is open to the public on Wednesday evenings and selected
Sundays (see webpage). April 26 or May 17 are the dates that stood out
to me as possibilities. What do you all think? Does this sound
interesting? What day(s) would be good? (Reply to me offlist if you
like and I can compile).

cheers,
Phoebe