Hi Phoebe et al!  The sign-up looks fantastic.  I'm going to try to get to the
event for one of the days, but schedule is completely random at this point.
I'll come by and try to top up your supply of 'stuff' (stickers/pins etc) but I
think you've already got some supply of that lined up through Cary or other
staff members.

See you then!

jay

On May 15, 2010, at 10:10 AM, phoebe ayers wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> Maker Faire 2010 is ONE WEEK FROM TODAY. Yikes!
>
> * If you're interested in volunteering, please sign up soon for a shift:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/San_Francisco/Maker_Faire_2010
>
> NOTE: this year we are trying to get people evenly distributed across
> shifts, so please sign up for an empty one if you can.
>
> * Volunteer info is posted here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/San_Francisco/Maker_Faire_2010#Volunteer_info
>
> This is advice on what to bring, what to expect, and how to get there,
> based on past years. Jon will be posting check-in info (what to do
> when you arrive at the fair) soon.
>
> NOTE 1: if you are new this year and I do not have your email address,
> please send it to me -- I will be emailing out our cell phone #s & any
> last minute info in a few days.
>
> NOTE 2: This year I tried to write up some guidelines for how to
> engage with passerby and what to expect, including dealing with
> confrontations. Please read this. And for past volunteers: if you have
> additional advice or changes, please edit.
>
> see you soon!
> Phoebe

Jay Walsh
Head of Communications