Thanks Karen and Ben,

I appreciate especially the bit about the $2500 threshold. Also, Leigh
Honeywell posted a helpful quote from the agency's descriptoin of its
mission:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/gendergap/2014-January/004154.html

I think this is worth keeping an eye on, because (while unlikely) it's not
inconceivable to me that somebody might offer a course on Wikipedia
(probably bundled with some other topics) that exceeds that cost threshold.
I generally present events I produce, whether one-off or ongoing, as
offering an opportunity to learn something; and I think formal instruction
combined with peer learning can be a potent combination.

More on all that here, for anybody interested:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/gendergap/2014-January/004155.html

But, I think it's safe to say that the $2500 threshold addresses any
potential urgency around this :)

-Pete