It's nice to hear that SF is getting organized for Wicnik!

I thought I would let our Southern neighbors know that the Cascadia Wikimedians
group (name still under discussion) has begun organizing itself for user group
recognition. There was talk for awhile that there might be an organization that
covered the entire Pacific coast, but the current discussions seem to be that
the group will cover Washington, Oregon, and possibly British Columbia if users
there want to affiliate with us.

We have a mailing list now, check it out if you're interested.

We're also on Meta at https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cascadia_Wikimedians

Good luck with your Wicnik!

Pine