I vote for a little later in the day. 2pm?

Also, one note: on Sundays in Golden Gate park JFK drive and some other
roads are closed to cars, so plan driving/parking accordingly (it makes
parking harder but being in the park more pleasant). There is a special
tram that runs: http://www.sf311.org/index.aspx?page=537#Sunday

-- phoebe