Hello Bay Area Wiki People! I'm excited to announce a new series of
WikiSalons, which several of us have been cooking up. The last Wednesday
evening of every month,we'll gather wiki enthusiasts to collaborate,
mingle, and learn about new projects and ideas. Sometimes we plan a formal
program, but not always. Some events will help orient those new to the wiki
world, others will speak more to experienced wiki editors.

Our first event is Wednesday, April 27 at 6pm, at the Wikimedia Foundation
offices in downtown SF.

We have two brief presentations lined up for our kickoff event: one about
the first-ever high school Wikipedia Edi-a-thon (at least, as far as we
know :), and one about the experience of transgendered women at the San
Quentin (male) prison.

We'll also have time for informal conversation and working on
articles.Newcomers are encouraged to attend. Bring a friend! We will have
beverages and light snacks, provided by Wiki Strategies, Ben Creasy, and
Wayne Calhoon.

*Please note: You must register here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cjLRrSTlEkGOPTQ-h6A0WvSFI4ZmIUl6jEHp_RYas-E/viewform>,
and bring a photo ID* that matches your registration name. The building
policy is strict on this point.

All the details are here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Bay_Area_WikiSalon,_April_2016

We look forward to seeing you there -- and until then, happy editing!

-Pete (and fellow organizers Ben and Wayne)

p.s. Any help spreading the word is most welcome! I plan to post on various
sites and invite various groups; if you'd like to join in, check out this
list, and feel free to note any you are inviting:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Monthly_WikiSalon_in_San_Francisco#Announcements_and_promotion