Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. Message is available
for translation on Meta-Wiki.[1]

The Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a
process which will run throughout 2017. For 15 years, Wikimedians have worked
together to build the largest free knowledge resource in human history. During
this time, we've grown from a small group of editors to a diverse network of
editors, developers, affiliates, readers, donors, and partners. Today, we are
more than a group of websites. We are a movement rooted in values and a
powerful vision: all knowledge for all people. As a movement, we have an
opportunity to decide where we go from here.

This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement:
where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve. We hope to design an
inclusive process that makes space for everyone: editors, community leaders,
affiliates, developers, readers, donors, technology platforms, institutional
partners, and people we have yet to reach. There will be multiple ways to
participate including on-wiki, in private spaces, and in-person meetings. You
are warmly invited to join and make your voice heard.

The immediate goal is to have a strategic direction by Wikimania 2017 to help
frame a discussion on how we work together toward that strategic direction.

Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list,[2] and posted
on Meta-Wiki.[3] Beginning with this message, monthly reviews of these updates
will be sent to this list as well.

Here is a review of the updates that have been sent so far:

Update 1 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (15 December 2016)
- https://meta.wikimedia.org/?curid=10153348
- Introduction to process and information about budget spending resolution to
support it

Update 2 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (23 December 2016)
- https://meta.wikimedia.org/?curid=10157430
- Start of search for Lead Architect for movement strategy process

Update 3 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (8 January 2017)
- https://meta.wikimedia.org/?curid=10167420
- Plans for strategy sessions at upcoming Wikimedia Conference 2017

Update 4 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (11 January 2017)
- https://meta.wikimedia.org/?curid=10169064
- Introduction of williamsworks

Update 5 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 February 2017)
- https://meta.wikimedia.org/?curid=10184130
- The core movement strategy team, team tracks being developed, introduction of
the Community Process Steering Committee, discussions at WikiIndaba conference
2017 and the Wikimedia movement affiliates executive directors gathering in
Switzerland

Update 6 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (10 February 2017)
- https://meta.wikimedia.org/?curid=10190631
- Tracks A & B process prototypes and providing feedback, updates on
development of all four Tracks

Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy
updates on your user talk page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/?curid=10153505