> On 8 Jan 2017, at 1:54 PM, Neal McBurnett <n...@bcn.boulder.co.us> wrote:
>
> The hard deadline to apply is sometime today (unclear exactly when), so
> please jump in now so our winning candidate can register and actually attend!
>
> See background, candidates and "Support" votes at
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikimedians_of_Colorado_User_Group/wmcon-2017/candidates
>
> I imagine that people can express opinions about and support as many
> candidates as they like, "Approval voting style"
> (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Approval_voting) so I've done so.  If folks
> think we should have different ground rules, please speak up about that also
> ;)

Yay, thanks! How does Approval Voting work if you vote for all the candidates,
though? Doesn’t that mean that only my (old-fashioned, first-past-the-post)
vote counts?

We could set a deadline for 5pm or 7pm MT unless we hear back from your query
to the Foundation. If we don’t have enough votes for a winning candidate (maybe
three?), it might be more fair to pick one randomly, which I’d have no problem
with — all three candidates are GREAT, and I’d no problem with sending any of
them to this meeting!

cheers,
Gaurav