Hi Dorothy,

Thank you for your thoughtful and honest email. You raise very important
matters that the group should begin discussing openly. I have had similar
experiences with Wikimedia NYC and other tech/activist groups, and
sometimes felt a little discouraged or shy about speaking up, and a lot of
times, I rationalize and brush off what I experience as something I would
always experience in groups that are predominantly male.

I'm happy to coordinate our efforts on conference planning to begin a
conversation about this. If you need any assistance in organizing a
diversity training for our group or would like to set aside time to have a
Wikimedia NYC Board meeting for this, please let me know. I will do
anything and everything to help start this conversation.

Thanks again,
Jennifer

Jennifer Baek
bae...@gmail.com