Hi All,

Here is the link to a grant in progress, which is being written by Marek
Zielinski and Łukasz Chełmiński of the Pilsudski Institute of America in
New York. They are hoping to do a project to make categorization and adding
metadata easier for GLAMs contributing content to Wikipedia.

I have not assisted with the drafting of this grant much at all, but just
met with them, and I understand that they will be adding a budget and
timeline, potential collaborators in WikiProjects, and WikiData, as well as
the GLAM-Wiki toolkit, etc. - describing roles and what they will do in
terms of documentation in more detail soon.

In the meantime, I just want to let you all know that it exists, since they
are in New York, and that they are seeking endorsement.

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IEG/Pi%C5%82sudski_Institute_of_America_GLAM-Wiki_Scalable_Archive_Project

I've heard word from another Wikimedia NYC member, that he will be applying
for a grant as well.

We also have a draft of the inter chapter travel grant which Lane and I
will be working on tonight and tomorrow.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:PEG/WM_NYCWM_NE/Inter-chapter_travel_scholarship_project
If anyone wants to help with this, please email us. We will no longer be
applying for the grant With Wikimedia NE as they are currently on a sort of
leave of absence.

That's all for now.

Thanks all,

Dorothy

--
Dorothy Howard, Wikipedian-in-Residence and Open Data Fellow
Metropolitan New York Library Council (METRO)