Hi folks,

Looking forward to trying to raise open education issues at 'Open
Everything NYC' tomorrow (Saturday).

BTW, if any Wikimedians dropping by at UNICEF during the day maybe
have an audio or video recorder handy, the organizers has asked for
our help in crowdsourcing some of the recordings of the discussions.

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Pharos <pharosofalexand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 4:53 PM, David Goodman <dgoodma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Perhaps we should make some actual plans about what we intend to do.
>> I'm somewhat more apt to do things with a clear purpose.
>
> I just had a talk with the organizer of Open Everything NYC, to try
> and get a lay of things and see what our possible role might be.
> Basically, the event is structured as an unconference, which means the
> session topics will be decided by consensus of the ~150 participants
> that morning.
>
> There should be about 8 sessions total, running over the course of the
> day in the 4 rooms. I think our focus would be on joining or starting
> a session on Open Education, and maybe raising two or three ideas that
> are viable to collaborate with like-minded groups on, like
> photographic projects, library initiatives, and work with
> universities.
>
> Hopefully this is a bit of a plan.
>
> Maybe other ideas could also go on-wiki:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Meetup/NYC
>
> Thanks,
> Richard
> (User:Pharos)
>
>> David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:DGG
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Pharos <pharosofalexand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> Just wanted to put out a reminder about Open Everything NYC, which is
>>> coming up this Saturday from 9:00AM- 6:00PM at UNICEF in Manhattan.
>>>
>>> http://nyc.openeverything.us/
>>>
>>> Hopefully if we have a couple of participants from our group, we can
>>> make good contacts with like-minded local organizations that will also
>>> be present.
>>>
>>> Don't forget to register online beforehand:
>>>
>>> http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&formkey=cEYzbkdPeEMzOEFISkw0U0VySGtRV0E6MA
>>>
>>> See you there!
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Richard