The 1st Wiki-Conference New York will be held over the weekend of July
25-26 2009 (confirmed!) at New York University, and hosted by Free
Culture @ NYU and Wikimedia New York City.

Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales will be giving a keynote, and we will
also have a second keynote speaker TBA.  Since this is an
unconference, participants are encouraged to give your own ideas for
topic sessions!

This is a also great opportunity for people who aren't so wiki-savvy
to get a fun introduction.  All are most certainly welcome.

Oh yeah, and we're having the Central Park picnic again too!

Wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/Wiki-Conference_2009

Register here:

http://bit.ly/wikiny

Please also consider lending out that spare couch to a visiting Wikipedian:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Meetup/NYC/Wiki-Conference_2009#Couchsurfing

Thanks,
Richard
(User:Pharos)