From: padr...@hotmail.com
To: wikimedia_nyc@lists.wikimedia.org; wm-...@wikimedia.org
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 22:02:28 -0400
Subject: Re: [Wikimedia NYC] Wikimedia NYC Meeting Saturday May 22

PLEASE REMOVE ME FROM THE DAILY UPDATES...?I received about 3 or 4 today.
Regards,

Patrick

The state is the great fictitious entity by which everyone seeks to live at the
expense of everyone else.    Bastiat - Selected Essays on Political Econmy

> Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 16:20:10 -0400
> From: pharosofalexand...@gmail.com
> To: wikimedia_nyc@lists.wikimedia.org
> Subject: [Wikimedia NYC] Wikimedia NYC Meeting Saturday May 22
>
> Come one, come all!
>
> Our next meeting for Wikimedia NYC is Sunday March 21 (next weekend)
> at OpenPlans @ 148 Lafayette St in Lower Manhattan..
>
> This is a meeting for volunteers to the projects of the non-profit
> Wikimedia Foundation, and everyone else too, who has ever looked at
> Wikipedia and wondered what's going on behind it.
>
> A couple of big topics of discussion, out of many, will be preparing
> for our 2nd annual Wiki-Conference New York this summer, and making
> the way for 'Wikipedians in Residence' to volunteer at local cultural
> and academic institutions.
>
> We welcome all guests.  If you support open education and free
> culture, we are your people.  If you have a project you want to work
> on with us, this is a great opportunity to get acquainted. If you want
> someone to give a talk or teach a class with an inside view of
> Wikipedia, meet your volunteers.  And if you just have any questions,
> we'd be glad to try to answer them.
>
> Remember, the agenda here is up to you!  I encourage anyone who is
> interested to sign up to give a presentation or suggest a topic for
> general discussion at our wikimeetup page (given below).
>
> ---Meeting details---
>
> 2:30 PM - 5:00PM:
> OpenPlans @ 148 Lafayette St, between Howard and Grand in Lower
> Manhattan. Meeting to be held in their fantastic penthouse event space
> on the 13th floor.
>
> 5:00 PM onwards:
> Meetup at OpenPlans, and then walk together to a local neighborhood
> restaurant (help us decide!).
>
> Page on Wikipedia:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC
>
> You can officially 'sign up' at that page, and please add your ideas
> to the agenda!
>
> Thanks,
> Richard
> (User:Pharos)
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_New_York_City
>

> PS, If you are new and have any questions about this event, feel free
> to email me personally:
> pharosofalexand...@gmail.com

The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with
Hotmail. Get busy.