I like that idea.

Personally, I think patrons taking photos in museums is annoying, and I can
understand the reasons why museums would have a restrictive photo policy.
 So an important thing to add to the criteria of rating museum's
"free-culture-compliance"  is the availability of images of items in their
collections through some type of creative-commons license.  This, of course,
can be weighted differently than actually being able to take photos inside
the museum.

-Lee